This is just the beginning and we want you to be a part of it.
We are a technology company from Delft, engineering coating, solar and sensor solutions for the global energy transition. Across all these solutions, we consistently aim to change the perspective on how current materials are used and implemented, as well as challenging the system innovation behind them.
PHYSEE PAR+ is on a mission to increase yield inside greenhouses in a sustainable manner with a revolutionary coating. In the past year, we have executed pilots and we are achieving positive results on crop quality and crop yield. In the coming years, we aim to increase traction and proof points in the market by executing larger projects where we show the potential of PAR+ on a commercial scale. First in the Netherlands and subsequently worldwide.
As an intern on plant physiology, you will supervise the projects that we are executing on a crop level. This includes carrying out various measurements on the climate of the greenhouse and the plants that are grown under our PAR+ coating in strong collaboration with our collaborating growers and summarizing your findings in a clear report or whitepaper. The aim of this project is to ultimately obtain a complete understanding of the future benefits of PAR+ on the growing conditions of a greenhouse.
What you’ll be doing?
- Execute crop measurements including plant load, amount of settings and length of the crop.
- Execute greenhouse climate measurements including plant temperature and PAR irradiation.
- Literature study on the possible effects of our PAR+ coating on different crops and translating these findings into practice.
- Summarizing your results in a report or whitepaper that we can present to potential future customers.
- Working together with various partners including Koppert Cress, Bosch Growers and others to make sure the practical tests are executed succesfully.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are available full time for at least 4 months
- You are a student in the (or similar) direction of Horticulture, Plant Physiology, Agribusiness or you have previous working experience that allows you to quickly understand the type of measurements.
- You can work independently and take responsibility for your own project + communication with different stakeholders
- Eager to carry out practical tests
- You enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and can easily adapt to it
- You have a driver's license B
What you can expect?
- Be part of a growing organization, with the mission to positively contribute towards the world's food security and for a healthier planet.
- Focus on your personal development.
- We care for your wellbeing. From Monday bootcamp sessions with the team to unlimited consults at OpenUp platform to support you in your mental health.
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with 12 different nationalities, where you can express your opinion and share new ideas.
Want to apply? Please do so via the link below. Send us your CV and share something extra about yourself and the reasons you want to change the perspective with PHYSEE.