We are about to ramp up, and we want you to be a part of it.
At PHYSEE, the future we envision is one with energy-neutral buildings, centered around human comfort, and filled with sustainable solutions that don’t compromise on aesthetics or functionality. Our growing team of PHYSEEonairs is committed to making our vision become reality. As PHYSEE is on track to future roll out our latest generation of the SENSE platform, we are expanding our software development team to help us become the world’s leader in real estate sustainability solutions.
We are looking for a Building Physics Engineer who wants to be part of the movement to change the world’s perspective. You are fluent in the use of the industry standard packages EnergyPlus and Radiance. Next to that, you can interact with these packages in Python to code and developed automated simulations. An understanding of Rhino, Grasshopper and the Ladybug and Honeybee tools is a huge plus. We are looking for someone who approaches change with a positive mind-set and who drives continuous improvements.
The role has the potential to grow into becoming a Building Simulation expert within PHYSEE, developing new ways to create value from Building Physics within the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will develop new functionalities in our Building Physics core, focusing on the automation of simulations using building physics in known Python frameworks.
You will add energy reduction and comfort increasing simulations to the tool, ie. optimising natural ventilation and daylight optimisation.
Together with our Solution Architects you will co-develop building specific algorithms to fine tune our algorithms to dynamic facades.
Develop pre-trained simulated models for predictive control together with our data engineer.
Who we’re looking for:
- MSc Building Technologies, with a specialisation in building physics. Computer Science or other MSc is possible when experience can validate skills.
- Ideally a few years of experience, which can also be shown through examples of work during studies.
- Experience in building physics modelling, simulation & control strategies
- Experience with the Energy+and Radiance, plus when combined with Python EMS
- Fluent in Python and a plus if experienced in C# or C++
- Technical skills in Rhinoceros, Grasshopper (Ladybug and Honeybee) are a plus.
- Revit and BIM knowledge is a bonus
What you can Expect?
- Be part of a growing organization, with the mission of transforming the built environment into a smart, sustainable, and healthy eco-system.
- Have variety in your daily activities through active knowledge sharing, presentations.
- Work-life balance.
- Open environment to express your opinion and share new ideas.
- Work in an English environment, with 12 different nationalities.
- Daily lunch & fruits.
- Weekly fitness Bootcamp on Monday’s (PHYSEEO).
- Fun events and Friday drinks every six weeks.
You like what you see? Apply by clicking the button below and we'll be in contact with you as soon as possible!